That's exactly what you get when you bring your family to the Suisun City Waterfront District each Saturday night for the free movie series through Sept. 27 (except for Memorial Day weekend, which we leave to your family activities.)
The line-up is pure family fun, with a mix of newer hits with older favorites:
- July 19 – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (PG-13, Warner Bros., live action)
- July 26 – Surf’s Up (PG, Sony Pictures Animation)
- Aug. 2 – The Goonies (PG, Amblin Entertainment, live action)
- Aug. 9 – The Water Horse (PG, Beacon Pictures, live action, family fantasy)
- Aug. 16 – Back to the Future (PG, Amblin Entertainment, live action)
- Aug. 23 – The Golden Compass (PG-13, New Line Cinema, live action, family fantasy)
- Sept. 6 – High School Musical 2 (G, Walt Disney Pictures, live action, musical)
- Sept. 13 – Ratatouille (G, Pixar Animation Studios)
- Sept. 20 – Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (PG-13, Jerry Bruckheimer Films, live action, adventure)
- Sept. 27 – Happy Feet (PG, Kingdom Feature Productions, animation)
Come early for dinner at a great local restaurant, then stroll over to Harbor Plaza for the free movie, starting at dusk (approx. 9 p.m.) at Solano and Main Streets. Check out all the info online with an interactive map showing directions, parking and dining suggestions.
Make sure to pack the blankets and low-slung chairs because evenings can be a bit cool. Popcorn and light theater fare available for purchase.
When you come to the Waterfront District these days you will notice some really exciting construction projects underway.
Right off Highway 12 at Civic Center Blvd, a new Hampton Inn & Suites Hotel is under construction. This 102-room waterfront hotel is expected to open next Spring and provide a terrific place to stay overnight right in the heart the burgeoning Waterfront District. (Click here for more information.)
On Main Street at Solano Street (right across from the Harbor Plaza concert stage), 40,000 square feet of restaurant, retail and office space is nearing completion. Harbor Square is expected to be completed this fall with exciting new restaurants to open there in early 2009. (Click here for more information.)
Come see Waterfront District renaissance, then grab a friend to come explore the Waterfront District again for yourselves.