Each Sunday at 3 p.m. come enjoy the Waterfront Jazz Series. This free concert series hosts the most diverse array of top quality jazz music by the region's best musicians. You won't want to miss this.
- July 20 – Dalt Williams Quartet (swing and straight-ahead jazz)
- July 27 – Ted Schafer’s Jelly Roll Band (Dixieland)
- Aug. 3 – Dream Door (original smooth jazz)
- Aug. 10 – Dave Rocha Jazz Group (straight-ahead modern jazz)
- Aug. 17 – Outta Nowhere (contemporary jazz)
- Aug. 24 – Second Planet (smooth jazz)
- Sept. 7 – Reality Check (jazz, Latin, funk & rock)
- Sept. 14 – Delbert Bump
- Sept. 21 – Blusion
- Sept. 28 – Jerry Macchia Band
Click here for all the information, including an interactive map showing parking area, dining suggestions, even the weather.
Come early for lunch at a great local restaurant. Then bring your low-slung chair, blankets, and dessert or snacks to Harbor Plaza for the free jazz concert at Solano and Main Streets.When you come to the Waterfront District these days you will notice some really exciting construction projects underway.
Right off Highway 12 at Civic Center Blvd, a new Hampton Inn & Suites Hotel is under construction. This 102-room waterfront hotel is expected to open next Spring and provide a terrific place to stay overnight right in the heart the burgeoning Waterfront District. (Click here for more information.)
On Main Street at Solano Street (right across from the Harbor Plaza concert stage), 40,000 square feet of restaurant, retail and office space is nearing completion. Harbor Square is expected to be completed this fall with exciting new restaurants to open there in early 2009. (Click here for more information.)
Come see Waterfront District renaissance, then grab a friend to come explore the Waterfront District again for yourselves.