The free annual concert series got underway on July 11 with an amazing performance by Evolution - A Salute to Journey. The award-winning tribute band brought the house down with all of Journey's top hits. It proved an excellent warm-up act for some die-hard Journey fans who then went to see the 'real' Journey in Tahoe over the weekend.
The weekly concerts continue with an awesome lineup of really diverse music:
- July 18 – Inner Soul (R&B, funk, old school dance band)
- July 25 – Bayou Boys Band (Cajun, Zydeco, New Orlean R&B)
- Aug. 1 – Graydaze (70s & 80s variety band)
- Aug. 8 – California Cowboys (New Country)
- Aug. 15 – Poyntlyss Sistars (Classic rock ‘n’ roll, 80s party music)
- Aug. 22 – Tom Rigney & Flambeau (Cajun, Zydeco, New Orleans fusion)
All the concert info, plus directions, parking information and suggestions for nearby restaurants are all online at www.suisun.com/events.
When you come to the Waterfront District these days you will notice some really exciting construction projects underway.
Right off Highway 12 at Civic Center Blvd, a new Hampton Inn & Suites Hotel is under construction. This 102-room waterfront hotel is expected to open next Spring and provide a terrific place to stay overnight right in the heart the burgeoning Waterfront District. (Click here for more information.)
On Main Street at Solano Street (right across from the Harbor Plaza concert stage), 40,000 square feet of restaurant, retail and office space is nearing completion. Harbor Square is expected to be completed this fall with exciting new restaurants to open there in early 2009. (Click here for more information.)