RESIDENTS URGED TO FOLLOW SAFETY PROCEDURES
SUISUN CITY – For the first time in decades, fireworks will be sold the general public in Suisun City starting at noon on Thursday.
The City Council approved the sale of safe 'n' sane fireworks as a means to generate ongoing funding for community events, particularly the annual July 4th celebration.
Three booths will begin selling fireworks at noon Thursday and can continue selling them daily until 9 p.m. on July 4. The booths are staffed by local non-profit groups, which will each earn a share of the sales proceeds to fund their programs.
"Families and neighborhoods coming together to celebrate American independence around safe and fun fireworks displays has a rich tradition in many parts of this country," said City Marketing Manager Scott Corey. "We hope Suisun City residents will enjoy this new aspect of our local celebration and do so responsibly."
The booth locations and the groups involved are as follows:
- Highway 12 at Marina Boulevard - Solano Sea Otters swim club
- Heritage Park Shopping Center - Suisun City Historic Waterfront BID and the Suisun Titans Youth Football & Cheer
- Sunset Shopping Center - Suisun American Little League
- June 28 - Noon to 10 p.m.
- June 29 - July 3 - 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- July 4 - 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Fireworks may be used:
- 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. June 28 through July 6
- Use during any other dates or times is unlawful