SUISUN CITY — The Suisun City Planning Commission will consider on Wednesday a conditional use permit and general plan finding necessary to re-open the center for family and youth activities.
After purchasing and renovating the property, The Salvation Army plans to operate
- Family fitness and recreation center activities seven days a week, including fitness machines, aerobics classes, gymnaseum sports, swim lessons and pool operations.
- After-school youth tutoring and supervised recreation activities.
- Social assistance for local families, such as emergency pre-packaged food, applications for utility asistance programs, information and referrals to other agencies, and personal counseling.
- Summer and Christmas seasonal activities.
- Disaster response training and services as needed following a disaster.
- Various community meetings and events, such as weddings, anniversaries, etc.
The Planning Commission meeting will start at 7 p.m. Wednesday August 5 in the City Hall Council Chamber. >>READ MORE>>