Two great ways to celebrate the annual trick-or-treat holiday are
- The 57th Annual Suisun City Costume Parade and Contest. Sign-up starting at 4 p.m. for the parade and judging at Driftwood and Main Street then enjoy the festive 5 p.m. trip down Main Street to Harbor Plaza for awards and candy. This free family tradition is great for all ages!
- The Solano College Theatre is putting on "Spooktacular" - a terrific haunted house inside the historic Lawler House at 718 Main Street, between the Harbor Theater and Harbor Square. The haunted house runs 5-6:30 p.m. as a G-rated family event, and 7-10 p.m as PG-13 fun for the thrill-seekers. $5 admission, $2 if you come in costume.
- Try to use face-makeup rather than masks to allow for maximum vision
- Drive more slowly, particularly on residential streets, watching for children running into traffic or acting erractically
- Provide children who are trick-or-treating with lightweight flashlights to navigate darkened streets
- Don't use candles in displays of dried season material
- Avoid long or flowing costumes that could pose a tripping hazard