The $300,000 McCoy Creek Bikeway provides an important new access for residents in the heart of Suisun City's residential area directly to the Sunset Avenue shopping hub. The dedicated bikeway allows children, seniors and families a safer way to use non-polluting alternative transportation options.
The new trail was completely funded through grants:
- Transportation for Clean Air Program, issued by the Solano Transportation Authority
- Bicycle Transportation account gran, issued by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Sunset and Heritage Park Shopping Centers
- Lawler Ranch commercial area
- Lambrecht Sports Complex
- Residential neighborhoods
- Local schools
- City parks
The newly opened trail along the west side of McCoy Creek is the first phase of a trail that will be extended north along the creek to Blossom Road. Plans call for the bikeway to extend all the way to Railroad Avenue. City staff is pursuing grant funding to complete these projects.