LOCAL BUSINESSES LAUNCH NEW HOLIDAY TRADITION
Eighteen local non-profits raised $2,820 for their groups through the Suisun City Waterfront Christmas Tree Celebration and Tree Auction held Saturday as part of the Christmas at the Waterfront event.
Sponsored by the Suisun City Business Group and the Suisun City Historic Waterfront B.I.D., the celebration and auction offered local residents a real fun opportunity to help local non-profits while being able to take home a beautifully decorated tree to plug right into their home holiday decor.
Particularly given the dour economy, the results of this first local tree auction show the generosity of the Suisun City community.
The $2,420 total haul for the non-profits included $350 in prize money awarded by the business organizations to the first, second and third prize winners.
Groups participating were:
- Cassa of Solano County
- Twilight Rotary Club - Early Act Club
- We "R" Family Childrens Christian Center
- Sullivan Middle School Band Boosters
- Kiwanis Club of Suisun City
- NorthBay Healthcare Foundation
- Solano Christian Academy
- Fairfield Civic Theatre
- Wednesday Club
- Armijo High School Indian Softball Boosters
- Kassondra R. Seney Relief Fund
- Victory Outreach
- Relay for Life - Papa Joe's Pit Crew
- Fairfield-Suisun Community Action Council
- Armijo High School Band Boosters
- Cancer Support Group
- Westwind 4-H Club
- International Order of the Rainbow Girls #7
A very special thank-you to the Suisun City Business Group and the Suisun City Historic Waterfront B.I.D. and their committee that brought this event together and worked tirelessly to make it such a success. This wouldn't be possible without you!
We can't wait until next year!