"Detective Lee is one of the most versatile Officers we have in this Department. While still a patrolman at heart, he easily transitioned to the role of Detective and has been just as dogged in his approach to investigative work,” Chief Dadisho said. “Investigative leads that do not pan out seem to fuel his fire even more.”
Detective Lee also was selected as Officer of the Quarter for July 1-Sep 30, 2006.
Among his many accomplishments this year, Detective Lee
- Tackled several sexual assault type cases, prepared and executed search warrants, and made several arrests. Convictions have already been earned
- Recently solved a strong-armed robbery where three juveniles and one adult were arrested for robbing a couple as they were walking together in town
- Flawlessly worked a traffic stop on a suspicious vehicle. A consent/probation search of the car revealed numerous stolen digital cameras and related items embezzled from a major appliance store. The suspect almost immediately pleaded guilty and was subsequently sentenced.
- Bill has a ton of energy and is not intimidated when confronted with a large investigation. His investigations move forward at a rapid pace, perhaps faster than any other employees’ work. Bill has put some great pressure on the “Taliban Squad” gang, two of whom are looking at some very serious prison time if the prosecution prevails.
- Proved to be an outstanding Range Master. It was due to his persistence that Suisun City officers now have access to the Vacaville Shooting Gallery. He never gave up on this project even though it had laid dormant in bureaucracy for more than 18 months.