Suisun City, California, is welcoming Summer in a big, big way starting this weekend!
Dimitri's Lounge - the hottest new live music and comedy venue - is setting the table with soulful Jazz and Spoken Word by "Ifamodupe" on Thursday (6/10) followed up Friday night (6/11) with the region's favorite party band - The Time Bandits!
That should get you warmed up for Saturday (6/12) with fun for literally everyone:
- Shore Fest kicks off the summer festival season from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. with Garratt Wilkin and the Parrotheads, The Honeybee Trio, and tons of arts, crafts and family fun.
>>Get more info!>>
- The Lady of Suisun paddlewheel riverboat is pushing off from the Suisun City Marina for two public Shore Fest Delta cruises at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. This is a great chance for the entire family to see nature's wonders! >>Get more info!>>
- The Fairfield-Suisun Chamber of Commerce Leadership Class is sponsoring 'Grab a Mic Night,' a karaoke-themed fund-raiser from 5-10 p.m. in partnership with the Cast Iron Grill & Bar, located in the terrific new Harbor Square right on Main at Solano Street!
- Rather listen to your music? Dimitri's Lounge presents the Urban Bushmen Band at 9:30 p.m.
- Between all the scheduled fun, swing by the Lawler House at 712 Main Street to visit the Lawler House Gallery and the Solano History Exploration Center. Or head to the south end of Kellogg Street to stop by the Suisun Wildlife Center, a state-certified wildlife rescue center with resident animals and educational displays.
On Sunday (6/13)
- Diablo Jet Ski Action will take to the Suisun City Marina waters for the most exciting, live jet ski racing in Northern California! Suisun City hosts the only venue to get an upclose view of all the free race action from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.!
- Grab some lunch or visit the Lawler House before you wrap up the weekend back at Dimitri's Lounge with The Sound of Souls Band at 7 p.m.
And that's just the start of the summer in Suisun City! The next weekend - right in time for Father's Day - we kick off the Friday Nights at the Waterfront concert series, the Saturday Night at the Movies outdoor film festival and the Waterfront Jazz Series each Sunday through September. Plus, the Lady of Suisun is running two Father's Day cruises on June 20!
Make sure to go to www.VisitSuisunCity.com for all the information, or join us on Facebook!