The funds were awarded through a competitive grant process. The winning proposals were all submitted by the North Bay YMCA, which will use the funds to support
- Teen Drop-in Center, $10,000
- Youth Life Skills & Leadership, $5,000
- Jr. NBA, $6,000
The Quality of Life Grant Program was established by the City Council on October 16, 2007. The Council authorized $30,000 to be awarded in the 2007/08 Fiscal Year as follows:
- 70 percent of the allocation - or $21,000 - was to be awarded by the Parks and Recreation Commission through a one time annual application.
- 20 percent of the grant - or $6,000 - was designated for applicants to apply to use to develop a youth quarterly calendar resource of events and “things to do.”
- 10 percent - or $3,000 - was set aside for individual requests, not to exceed $300 each, throughout the year.
For more information on the Quality of Life Grant Program, contact the Park and Community Services Department at 707-421-7200.